- This event has passed.
Spring 2022 UNL Chess
April 2 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Format: Five-round Swiss System. Time Control: G/25, d5. Two sections: Open and U1600. Playing up allowed. Un-rated players can choose any section.
Check in and on-site Registration: 8:00am to 8:40am.
Rounds: 9:00, 10:20, 11:40, 14:00, and 15:20
Entry Fee: Early registration, (received by March 26th) $10, on-site $15. Bring cash or checks
Prizes: Trophies for the top three players in each section. USCF tiebreaks determine awarding of trophies (no playoffs)
Masks highly encouraged for players and spectators
USCF membership is required for this event*.
RULES: USCF tournament rules will be used. Half point byes will be available if requested before the start of round 2. Ratings based on most recent published ratings.
EQUIPMENT: Players must bring their own sets if possible. A limited number of chess sets and chess clocks may be available. Notation is required for this tournament, scoresheets will be provided but you need to bring your own pen/pencil.
Non-student youth under 19 must be accompanied by a guardian adult or have a signed waiver (page 2)
* Registering for USCF the day of the event risks not being paired for round 1. You can register online at https://new.uschess.org/form/
Send advance registration to Joaquin Siado: 2224 U st Apt 301, Lincoln NE. 68503. Make checks payable to UNL Nebraska Chess and provide the information above
Student Organizations: You may provide this information how your RSO sees fit. If the parents are present, they need to receive this information but are not required to sign. If parents/guardians are not present, this document must be signed by a parent/guardian for each youth. Keep a copy of the info you hand out to parents for 2 years.
Activity Directors: Provide one copy to Parent/Guardian and retain one signed copy for two years.
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) has implemented a Youth Activity Safety Policy to provide a safe environment for youths participating in Nebraska sponsored activities, clinics or conferences. Our policy includes safe interaction guidelines as well as background and sex registry checks for Activity Workers. This policy will help to protect youth from potential misconduct incidents and provide a safe, educational and enjoyable activity/program experience.
1. All Activity Workers must successfully pass a sex offender registry search for Nebraska and the state(s) they reside.
2. All Activity Workers driving activity vehicles must successfully pass a Driving Record Check.
3. In the case of an emergency or accident involving your youth, Parents/Guardians will be notified, following notification of the appropriate emergency personnel.
4. All Nebraska activities will comply with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s Youth Activities Safety Guidelines.
5. As parent(s) or legal guardian(s) you give permission to this activity to use photos of your child in promotional media.
The Activity Directors of University-sponsored Youth Activities reserve the right to immediately dismiss any youth from the Youth Activity who is found to have violated behavioral expectations. Dismissed youth will be sent home at their expense and will be responsible for all other expenses associated with their dismissal. Parent(s)/guardian(s) will be immediately notified of a youth’s dismissal.
___________________________ _____________________________ ______________________ _______________
Parent/Guardian Name Signature Phone Number Date